WNYC The Leonard Lopate Show
Toxic Mold Radio Show Public Radio NYC Tues. 6/26/07 Noon EST
An upstate New York librarian claims that her MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivity) was caused by exposure to mold at the library where she worked. She's now so ill she can barely leave her house. Today industrial hygienist Monona Rossol and Dr. David C. Straus explain why some mold can be so toxic, and whether you should be concerned about your workplace. Ms. Rossol is also founder and president of Arts, Crafts & Theater Safety, Inc., and Dr. Straus is Professor of Microbiology and Immunology at Texas Tech University.
NIEHS National Toxicology
Program meeting of Dec 6, 2007 is now available in pdf form and on
video. One can read it/view it at the following link. There is
much discussion of the victims of Katrina within this meeting and
the need to better understand the illnesses they are experiencing
from mold exposure, far beyond simple allergic reactions.